Ashok Gurung is one of the active volunteers of Bhutanese Community Association of Pittsburgh(BCAP). He co-founded BCAP and was also in the Board of Directors since its inception and served as the President for two years. He is currently a Biomedical student in the University of Pittsburgh (PITT).
BCAP wishes the very best to Mr. Gurung and grateful to his services always.
- BS University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA
- B.Sc Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Strengths and Community Services
- Co-founder of BCAP & self-motivated to work for the community.
- Currently doing research on mental health problems in Bhutanese communities in the US.
- Bicultural, Bilingual Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) instructor (MHFA – National Council, USA)
- Coordinator for Mental Health First Aid Training for Bhutanese in PA, working in coordination with PA refugee Health Department, ORR, SAMSA and National Council for Behavioral Health.
- An organizer of a two-day program on Community Initiative on Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Awareness on June 28th and 29th 2014 in Harrisburg.
- Coordinated with Women’s Opportunity Resource Center (WORC), Philadelphia and Action Housing, Pittsburgh for match grant program for refugee families since 2009 – 2015.
- Research Tech at the University of Pittsburgh, School of medicine since 2009 – 2011.
- Well disciplined Karateka, Nidan (2nd Dan).
- Nepali songwriter, composer and singer
- Contract Interpreter:
- Language line Solutions
- Certified language Institute