Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)
Bhutanese Community Association of Pittsburgh(BCAP) was awarded with a capacity building grant from the Office of Refugee Resettlement(ORR) in 2014 for three years under its Ethnic Community Self-Help Program(ECSHP). Besides BCAP, 34 other community and faith based organizations were awarded this grant nationwide of which BCAP was at the top among the Bhutanese organizations. It is a three-year renewable and discretionary grant given to the new community and faith based organizations. For refugee based organizations the grant was strictly limited to services for those refugees who have been living in the U.S between 90 days and 5 years.
The following projects of BCAP were funded by ORR grant:
- Office lease and utilities
- Five employees: two full time and three-part time
- English Language and Civic Education for naturalization of seniors and elders
- Parent Child Clubs for children
- Community Gardening (for elders to cope with loneliness)
- Yoga for elders (due to mental illness and depression)
- Youth Mentoring
- Outreach and Referral
- Cultural Exchange Programs
- Voice Communication System(Robo-calls)
- Office supplies, printing, networking, IT and Software related to administrative work.