Jefferson Regional Foundation Grant
Jefferson Regional Foundation Grant:
Bhutanese Community Association of Pittsburgh was awarded with a two year grant in April 2015 from the Jefferson Regional Foundation. The projects that this grant is funding are those that are not covered by the grant from the ORR. The grant strengthens our resources towards the Capacity-Building Project. It Strengthen healthy opportunities and options for members of the local Bhutanese community by building staff and program capacity for youth sports and dance, senior programs, a leadership forum for women and citizenship classes.
We are very fortunate to have received the grant and we wish to continue to keep the relation with the foundation in years to come.
The following projects are funded by the JRF:
- VISTA recruitment for K-12 program in the community.
- Athletic Fund for youth programming
- Dance Instructor and choreography guidance to young dancers
- Seniors’ programming
- Leadership program for young women around health education in the community
- Space Rental Support for ELCE and P.C.C classes.
- Equipment and supplies
- Health Insurance for One employee.